We have family get-togethers frequently throughout the year, and I'm always looking for a new dish to take along. This super salad has become my trademark.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add mushrooms; toss to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and chives; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Mushroom and Tomato Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p60
Reviews for Chunky Mushroom and Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2014
"This was a quick fix side dish. The tomato/mushroom combo was just right. Refreshing chilled salad on a summer day."