Chunky Mocha Cookies Recipe
My Home Economics Club has a cookie exchange every Christmas. These cookies flavored with a hint of coffee are always a big hit. —Janet Sparks, Shirley, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:36 servings
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in the milk, coffee granules and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in the pecans, chips, raisins and coconut.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 176 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC