“Use your favorite dipper with this. I like to use multicolored bell pepper strips, celery, small breadsticks, mozzarella sticks and pepperoni slices.” -Clara Coulston of Washington Court House, Ohio
Recommended: 47 Meals Your Toddler Will Devour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- Mozzarella sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in oil for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Drain one can tomatoes; set aside. (Save tomato juice for another use.) Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano and sugar to the pan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Serve with mozzarella sticks if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Chunky Herbed Pizza Dip in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p47
Reviews for Chunky Herbed Pizza Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2014
"I served this with little garlic breads. It was so good."