“Use your favorite dipper with this. I like to use multicolored bell pepper strips, celery, small breadsticks, mozzarella sticks and pepperoni slices.” -Clara Coulston of Washington Court House, Ohio
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- Mozzarella sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in oil for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Drain one can tomatoes; set aside. (Save tomato juice for another use.) Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano and sugar to the pan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Serve with mozzarella sticks if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Chunky Herbed Pizza Dip in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p47
Reviews for Chunky Herbed Pizza Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review