Chunky Hazelnut Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
This is a great-tasting cookie. Children love them, and my husband and I like to take them when we go hiking.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, cherries and nuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC