I like to dress up these mashed spuds with a whole bulb of roasted garlic. It may seem like overkill, but once cooked, any harshness mellows out and you're left with sweet and delicate garlic flavor. —Mrs. Jackie Gregston, Hallsville, Texas
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 whole garlic bulb, cloves separated and peeled
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves, optional
- Place potatoes and garlic cloves in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter and cream; keep warm. Drain potatoes and garlic; return to pan. Add the horseradish, salt, pepper and butter mixture; mash to reach desired consistency. Garnish with thyme if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Garlic Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p25
Reviews for Chunky Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review