This delicious cake, a family favorite, originated years ago with a great-aunt who lived in Florida and had her own mango tree. It's a sweet, moist cake, with slightly crisp edges. —Allene Bary-Cooper, Wichita Falls, Texas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar and whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the sugar, oil and egg until well blended. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually beat into sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in mango and pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 6-in. round baking pan. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Garnish with confectioners' sugar and whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Fresh Mango Cake in Reminisce August/September 2009, p56
Reviews for Chunky Fresh Mango Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review