Chunky Drop Cookies Recipe
Field editor Kelly Ward Hartman of Cape Coral, Florida shares these sweet and salty gems. “The night before, I measure out the pretzels, peanuts, raisins and chocolate (I’ve even used a leftover hollow Easter bunny). Assembly goes quickly the next day.”
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups halved pretzel sticks
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pretzels, peanuts, chocolate chunks and raisins.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 81 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC