Field editor Kelly Ward Hartman of Cape Coral, Florida shares these sweet and salty gems. “The night before, I measure out the pretzels, peanuts, raisins and chocolate (I’ve even used a leftover hollow Easter bunny). Assembly goes quickly the next day.”
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups halved pretzel sticks
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pretzels, peanuts, chocolate chunks and raisins.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chunky Drop Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p53
Reviews for Chunky Drop Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2011
"These cookies taste great. My family loved them. I would definately make them again."
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2009
"These cookies are fantastic. I used the salted peanuts and chocolate chips I had on hand and omitted the raisins,they turned out great. Now a favorite."