Field editor Kelly Ward Hartman of Cape Coral, Florida shares these sweet and salty gems. “The night before, I measure out the pretzels, peanuts, raisins and chocolate (I’ve even used a leftover hollow Easter bunny). Assembly goes quickly the next day.”
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups halved pretzel sticks
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pretzels, peanuts, chocolate chunks and raisins.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chunky Drop Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p53
Reviews for Chunky Drop Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2011
"These cookies taste great. My family loved them. I would definately make them again."
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2009
"These cookies are fantastic. I used the salted peanuts and chocolate chips I had on hand and omitted the raisins,they turned out great. Now a favorite."