Chunky Creamy Chicken Soup Recipe
I am a stay-at-home mom who relies on my slow cooker for fast, nutritious meals with minimal cleanup and prep time. I knew this recipe was a hit when I didn't have any leftovers and my husband asked me to make it again. —Nancy Clow, Mallorytown, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours YIELD:7 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the onion, carrots, celery and corn.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the soup, broth and dill until blended; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Stir in peas and cream. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup equals 229 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 629 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC