I am a stay-at-home mom who relies on my slow cooker for fast, nutritious meals with minimal cleanup and prep time. I knew this recipe was a hit when I didn't have any leftovers and my husband asked me to make it again. —Nancy Clow, Mallorytown, Ontario
Recommended: 40 Flavor-Packed Healthy Soup Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the onion, carrots, celery and corn.
- In a large bowl, whisk the soup, broth and dill until blended; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in peas and cream. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Chicken Soup in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p61
Reviews forChunky Creamy Chicken Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2013
"Very tasty and filling"
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2013
"Good, not great, but good! Nice and easy, but won't make again."
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2012
soup for a cold night when you don't want to slave over a hot stove..."
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2011
"Very good and easy to make!! My kids love it as well."