Chunky Creamy Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the onion, carrots, celery and corn.
- In a large bowl, whisk the soup, broth and dill until blended; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in peas and cream. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Chunky Creamy Chicken Soup
Sort By :
Quick an easy recipe that tastes great!
Very tasty and filling
This is a wonderful warming soup that eats like a meal! So versatile to adjust to what is on hand too, a great way to use leftover chicken up and can be made with frozen veggies if short on prep time. I have made it many times and will make it many more.
Good, not great, but good! Nice and easy, but won't make again.
Good not great! Its nice and easy but this wouldn't be my favorite chicken stew recipe.