- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the onion, carrots, celery and corn.
- In a large bowl, whisk the soup, broth and dill until blended; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in peas and cream. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Chunky Creamy Chicken Soup
"quick an easy recipe that tastes great!"
"Very tasty and filling"
"Good, not great, but good! Nice and easy, but won't make again."
"Good not great! Its nice and easy but this wouldn't be my favorite chicken stew recipe."
"Very good and easy to make!! My kids love it as well."
"Very easy to make! I used frozen pre-cooked diced chicken to make the preparation even quicker."