Chunky Crawfish Spread Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cooked crawfish tails, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 12 drops hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Chop crawfish; pat dry. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the peppers, onion, garlic, Creole seasoning, salt and hot pepper sauce; stir in the crawfish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 88 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chunky Crawfish Spread
"I couldn't find crawfish so I used shrimp. I liked it but my husband didn't which really surprised me. He said something tasted sour. I'd use tortilla chips next time instead of crackers."