Chunky Crawfish Spread
Seafood is plentiful here, and crayfish is my favorite. I like to serve this tasty appetizer while the main course is finishing up in the oven.
Suggested romance: Shrimp may be substituted for the crawfish.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cooked crawfish tails, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 12 drops hot pepper sauce
- Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- Chop crawfish; pat dry. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until
- smooth. Add the peppers, onion, garlic, Creole seasoning, salt and
- hot pepper sauce; stir in the crawfish. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 88 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.