Seafood is plentiful here, and crayfish is my favorite. I like to serve this tasty appetizer while the main course is finishing up in the oven. Suggested romance: Shrimp may be substituted for the crawfish.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cooked crawfish tails, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 12 drops hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers
- Chop crawfish; pat dry. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the peppers, onion, garlic, Creole seasoning, salt and hot pepper sauce; stir in the crawfish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Chunky Crawfish Spread in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p33
Reviews for Chunky Crawfish Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review