Seafood is plentiful here, and crayfish is my favorite. I like to serve this tasty appetizer while the main course is finishing up in the oven. Suggested romance: Shrimp may be substituted for the crawfish.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cooked crawfish tails, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 12 drops hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers
- Chop crawfish; pat dry. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the peppers, onion, garlic, Creole seasoning, salt and hot pepper sauce; stir in the crawfish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Chunky Crawfish Spread in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p33
Reviews for Chunky Crawfish Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2014
"I couldn't find crawfish so I used shrimp. I liked it but my husband didn't which really surprised me. He said something tasted sour. I'd use tortilla chips next time instead of crackers."