Chunky Cranberry Salad Recipe
I found this recipe while taking a cooking class. Full of mixed fruit, celery and nuts, it's a lively alternative to jellied cranberry sauce. When cranberries are in season, I buy extra and freeze them so I can make this salad year-round.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup green grapes, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries and pineapple juice. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the berry mixture, sugar and softened gelatin. Chill until partially set.
- Fold in the pineapple, pecans, grapes, celery and orange peel. Pour into individual serving dishes. Chill until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Cranberry Salad in Country Woman May/June 2006, p39
Reviews for Chunky Cranberry Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2009
My mom made this when I was a kid but I couldn't find the recipe. This is the closest I've found and it's delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >