Chunky Cranberry Applesauce
I love to cook and even have a food column in two area newspapers. This crimson-colored relish is a "must" during the holidays.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 6 cups chopped peeled apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red-hot candies
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, cranberries and water. Cook
- over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Stir in raisins, brown sugar, red-hots, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer,
- uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until candies are dissolved. Serve
- warm or refrigerate until serving. Yield: 5 cups.