- 6 cups chopped peeled apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red-hot candies
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, cranberries and water. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Stir in raisins, brown sugar, red-hots, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until candies are dissolved. Serve warm or refrigerate until serving. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Chunky Cranberry Applesauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p58
Reviews for Chunky Cranberry Applesauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review