Chunky Cod Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepepr flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 pound cod, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients until blended; set aside. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry garlic in oil for 30 seconds. Add mixed vegetables; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add red pepper; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Remove and keep warm. Add half of the cod to skillet; gently stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm. Repeat with remaining cod.
- 3. Stir reserved broth mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return vegetables and fish to the pan. Add peanuts. Gently stir to coat. Cover and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 484 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 1117mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Chunky Cod Stir-Fry
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.