- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the green pepper, onion and chipotle pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the beans, broth, salsa, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add pork; heat through. Serve with sour cream.
- Freeze option: Cool chili and transfer to freezer containers. Freeze up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator. Transfer to a large saucepan; heat through, adding water to thin if desired. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chunky Chipotle Pork Chili
Sort By :
"I tried to really rate this but was unable to do so--too hot to be comfortable to eat"
"WONDERFUL!! It put this in the crock pot."
"Had this for dinner tonight. It was delicious. I didn't have leftover pork so used pork cubed steak, cut into small pieces. I dredged the pieces in flour and browned the meat before adding to the rest of the ingredients. I had 12 oz of meat which seemed like a lot so I added the whole can of beef broth and a can of black beans. Added cilantro and shredded cheese instead of sour cream. I could have eaten the whole pot myself."
"This looks awesome!"