Heidee's meat mixture is the starting point for this nice hearty chili that cooks up in a jiffy. "Choose different salsa if you like your chili milder or hotter," Heidee recommends.
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 1-1/3 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large saucepan, combine the beef, salsa, broth, water and chili
- powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10
- minutes. Stir in kidney beans; heat through. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Editor's Note: 2 cups of cubed cooked beef and 1/2 cup beef broth may be substituted.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 271 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.