Chunky Chili Recipe
I love to cook and bake, especially for the holidays when our children and grandchildren are here! For years, I helped my husband farm while holding down a job in town. Then he became an insurance agent and I helped him again. We still have the farm, but now I have more time to do other things I enjoy.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean beef chuck roast or top round steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Crusty round French rolls, optional
- In a large heavy saucepan, brown meat in oil. Stir in the next seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- If desired, serve in bread bowls by hollowing out rolls and spooning chili into center. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Chili in Country Extra January 1993, p47
Reviews for Chunky Chili(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review