Chunky Chicken Veggie Soup
Catering to a Christmas crowd or a huddle of hungry Super Bowl fans? Try this hot savory soup loaded with veggies, chicken and seasonings. Ladle it up with warm bread for a hearty stick-to-your-ribs meal in a bowl.
20 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large stockpot, bring the broth, carrots and onions to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and
- garlic; simmer 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are
- crisp-tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through.
- Yield: 20 servings. (6-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 130 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 825 mg sodium,