Chunky Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat; stir in the beans, vegetables and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 7 cups.
1-1/3 cups: 332 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 1387mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 12g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Chunky Chicken Vegetable Soup
"This was really good....I used one whole small sweet onion, a quart of veggie stock, about a dozen baby carrots, chopped, 2 fresh garlic cloves, and instead of mixed veggies, I just used corn so my kids would eat it....I also added a little salt to the seasonings."
"This is delicious! It tastes like a combination of chicken, bean and broccoli soups. It really does taste like it has been cooking all day."