With lots of beans, chicken and tons of veggies, this quick soup is a filling family-pleaser, and it tastes like it's been cooking all day! Simple and Delicious Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in the beans, vegetables and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 7 cups.
Originally published as Chunky Chicken Soup in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p9
Reviews for Chunky Chicken Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review