- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in the beans, vegetables and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 7 cups.
Reviews for Chunky Chicken Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
This was really good....I used one whole small sweet onion, a quart of veggie stock, about a dozen baby carrots, chopped, 2 fresh garlic cloves, and instead of mixed veggies, I just used corn so my kids would eat it....I also added a little salt to the seasonings.
This is delicious! It tastes like a combination of chicken, bean and broccoli soups. It really does taste like it has been cooking all day.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Soup Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >