Here's a satisfying soup that you'll find yourself serving year-round. Every spoonful is loaded with the fantastic flavor of chicken, celery, carrots and peas.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- In a large saucepan, cook the chicken, celery and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the broth, carrots, thyme, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in macaroni and peas. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the macaroni is tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Chunky Chicken Soup in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p23
Reviews for Chunky Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2011
"Very easy and quick to make. Good soup for a cold night. Husband had two large bowls! And he's not a soup guy."