Chunky Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans
A luncheon salad that's ready in a snap when using rotisserie chicken and a few quick chops of pecans, sweet onion and celery. —Julie Sterchi, Jackson, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1-1/4 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion, optional
- Romaine leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the chicken,
- grapes, pecans, celery and, if desired, onion; mix lightly to coat.
- Serve on romaine. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup chicken salad equals 311 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot