- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Saute the carrot, celery and onion in butter in a Dutch oven until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add noodles; cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
"My husband is a big fan of chicken noodle soup but I do not like it. I decided to give this recipe A try and loved it! It was a big hit for the whole family and I will definitely be making this again."
"Delicious, inexpensive, comfort food. Very tasty! Perfect for a cold day!"
"Quick and easy to make. Used whole grain noodles but they seemed to disappear into the soup. Will try a different pasta such as Penne next time."
"Agree with several other reviewers that this is a bit salty. Otherwise, delicious, and very comforting on a cold day"
"My family loved it!!!"