Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
Marjoram and thyme come through nicely in this old-fashioned soup that tastes just like Grandma used to make. You can modify the recipe to include vegetables your family enjoys. My kids love carrots, so I always toss in extra. —Coleen Martin, Brookfield, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Saute the carrot, celery and onion in butter in a Dutch oven until
- tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Add noodles; cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are
- tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 126 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 1,370 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.