- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Saute the carrot, celery and onion in butter in a Dutch oven until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add noodles; cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
"Great, easy soup recipe! Will definitely make this again!"
"My husband is a big fan of chicken noodle soup but I do not like it. I decided to give this recipe A try and loved it! It was a big hit for the whole family and I will definitely be making this again."
"Delicious, inexpensive, comfort food. Very tasty! Perfect for a cold day!"
"Quick and easy to make. Used whole grain noodles but they seemed to disappear into the soup. Will try a different pasta such as Penne next time."
"Agree with several other reviewers that this is a bit salty. Otherwise, delicious, and very comforting on a cold day"
"My family loved it!!!"
"The best recipe for chicken noodle soup I have ever used. The only thing I do different is leave out the salt. There is enough seasoning with all the other herbs that we never notice the missing salt! I also make it in double and triple batches and freeze it for later.. I give it away and it's always well liked. Delicious."
"We really enjoyed this soup!"
"Next time I will omit salt and maybe add 1 - 2 cups more water. It is a bit salty. I cooked my chicken with some garlic as well."
"This is my favorite version of chicken Noodle Soup!!!"