Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
When winter holds Maple Grove, Minnesota in its icy grip, Sharon Skildum relies on this hearty, old-fashioned chicken soup to warm her right down to her toes. It's just like Grandma used to make-full of veggies and rich flavor.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrot, celery and onion in butter
- until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and seasonings; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat. Add noodles; cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 173 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,144 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.