Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Saute the carrot, celery and onion in butter in a Dutch oven until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add noodles; cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup(15)
Sort By :
We really enjoyed this soup!
Next time I will omit salt and maybe add 1 - 2 cups more water. It is a bit salty. I cooked my chicken with some garlic as well.
This is my favorite version of Chicken Noodle Soup!!!
Excellent taste, but made it with 3 bouillon cubes and no additional salt. Also did not have marjoram or thyme, so subbed them for 1 TBS dried Italian spice blend. Thanks for a great recipe!
This is a nice easy, simple and yummy soup.