This recipe is so versatile! Look in your fridge for anything else you want to throw in, like red pepper, mushrooms, extra zucchini—you name it. And if you're a vegetarian, go ahead and leave out the chicken. —Stephanie Loaiza, Layton, Utah
Featured In: Slow Cooker Superstars
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Sliced ripe olives and shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place chicken and vegetables in a 3-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with oregano. Pour sauce over top. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken; break up slightly with two forks. Return to slow cooker. Serve with spaghetti. If desired, top with olives and cheese.
To make ahead: Place the first six ingredients in a large resealable plastic freezer bag; seal bag and freeze. To use, place filled freezer bag in refrigerator 48 hours or until contents are completely thawed. Cook and serve as directed. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Chicken Cacciatore in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chunky Chicken Cacciatore
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2016 Edited Jan. 20, 2016
"Okay taste but it's not Cacciatore without mushrooms and it shouldn't have olives."