Chunky Bloody Mary Salsa
Lemon and lime juices lend a citrus tang to this simple salsa, while horseradish gives it a little kick. Jess Apfe of Berkeley, California sent in the recipe for this colorful condiment.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 9 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the
- tomatoes, onions and salt. Refrigerate until serving.
- Transfer to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon; serve with tortilla
- chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without tortilla chips) equals 19 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.