Chunky Bloody Mary Salsa Recipe
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 9 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the tomatoes, onions and salt. Refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Transfer to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon; serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without tortilla chips) equals 19 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Reviews for Chunky Bloody Mary Salsa
"I thought this was great. I substituted an extra 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice in place of the lime, and I poured in some tomato juice because I like my salsa to be more wet. I bet this would be great over grilled fish too!"
"The name does not suit the salsa recipe."
"How awesome, spicy and refreshing...."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.