Chunky Blond Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts or 3/4 cup blanched almonds, chopped, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in white chips, chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup nuts.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; spread over the bottom of pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top begins to crack and is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 221 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Chunky Blond Brownies
"I made these for my husband. He declared them 'very good'. I have also made them with 2 cups of vanilla chips instead of the chocolate chunks."
"Can u make in mini muffin cups"
"Macadamia nuts really makes this recipe top notch.What a delectable treat.Yum !!!firstname.lastname@example.org"
"I was looking for a recipe without chocolate or nuts so I made this using white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. It was very sweet but it had a nice texture and was a big hit."
"These are really great. I made them as written the first time, and had to sub butterscotch chips the second because it's what we had. Thanks for sharing! :)"
"Wonderful blonde brownie recipe! Was looking for one that included the white chocolate and macadamia nut combination and this one IS IT! I did not use the chocolate chunks as I wanted to keep it true to the white choc and macadamia nut combo. Husband who is not that big of a sweet eater gobbled these up!This will be a repeat for sure!"
"So So Good. I used unsalted butter the first time and it needed more salt. I switched to salted the next time and they were perfect. My addition was to put 2 chopped, frozen Heath bars ."
"These are fabulous! I used pecans because I buy them in bulk and my family loved them. They actually get better the longer they are baked. I will add this recipe to my collection for birthday party treats!"
"Liked the recipe. Varied it by adding 1/2 cup Coconut and 1/2 cup Rice Cereal in place of the nuts. Next time, will reduce both sugars, because it is sweet enough using the choc. chips."
"every time I serve these bars I get asked for the recipe. They are a constant request when I am asked to bring something whether it be a pot luck or just for coffee."
"I have made these brownies countless times, for all sorts of occasions. They are so easy to make and I like the fact that they only use 1/2 cup butter for a large pan of brownies. This is one of my baking stand-bys!"
"I made this recipe for a fundraiser at work. Everyone loved them! I will definitely make this again."
"Oh so delicious! Great with or without nuts. I use regular chocolate chips, not chunks.~ Theresa"
"My kids love these, I have to double the recipe because they are gone in a hurry."
"Everyone in my family loves these. They are quick to make, too."
"my boyfriend says this recipe actually deserves a 6 stars."