Chunky Blond Brownies Recipe
Every bite of these chewy brownies is packed with chunks of white and semisweet chocolate and macadamia nuts. We have lots of excellent cooks in this rural community, so it's a challenge coming up with a potluck offering that stands out. These usually do - and they're snapped up fast. -Rosemary Dreiske, Lemmon, South Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts or 3/4 cup blanched almonds, chopped, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in white chips, chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup nuts.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; spread over the bottom of pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top begins to crack and is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 221 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC