- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts or 3/4 cup blanched almonds, chopped, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in white chips, chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; spread over the bottom of pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top begins to crack and is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chunky Blond Brownies
Sort By :
"These are really great. I made them as written the first time, and had to sub butterscotch chips the second because it's what we had. Thanks for sharing! :)"
"Wonderful blonde brownie recipe! Was looking for one that included the white chocolate and macadamia nut combination and this one IS IT! I did not use the chocolate chunks as I wanted to keep it true to the white choc and macadamia nut combo. Husband who is not that big of a sweet eater gobbled these up!This will be a repeat for sure!"
"So So Good. I used unsalted butter the first time and it needed more salt. I switched to salted the next time and they were perfect. My addition was to put 2 chopped, frozen Heath bars ."
"These are fabulous! I used pecans because I buy them in bulk and my family loved them. They actually get better the longer they are baked. I will add this recipe to my collection for birthday party treats!"
"Liked the recipe. Varied it by adding 1/2 cup Coconut and 1/2 cup Rice Cereal in place of the nuts. Next time, will reduce both sugars, because it is sweet enough using the choc. chips."