Chunky Black Bean Salsa Recipe
Chock-full of color and lively flavor, this salsa makes a nice appetizer paired with tortilla chips. "It's great for parties because it's easy and delicious," notes Chris Behnke of Fruitland, Iowa. "My husband loves it."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:20 servings
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; toss to coat. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 36 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC