Chunky Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe
For a satisfying lunch or dinner, Lorraine serves bowls of this thick soup with fresh-baked bread. Brimming with chunks of veggies, it's easy to stir together on a chilly day.
- 2 cups Tomato Ground Beef Mix
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the beef mix, tomato juice, consomme, potatoes, celery, carrots, peas and sugar. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 149 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Chunky Beef Vegetable Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC