Chunky Beef Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 pound boneless round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook the steak, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Stir in the water, tomatoes, consomme and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir in pasta and green pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until pasta is tender. Add parsley. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Chunky Beef Noodle Soup
Sort By :
Very yummy - will absolutely make again!
This was a delicious soup. My husband absolutely loved it. I added some mixed vegetables and a can of beef broth so it wasn't
to thick. I will definitely make this again and keep this as one of my favorite soups.
This is one of the soups my husband often asks me to make. It is one of his favourites. I pick up marinating steaks when on sale and make this very cheaply.
Very much enjoyed this flavorful soup. Next time, I think I'll omit the teaspoon of salt to bring the sodium content down a bit.
This is the tastiest beef noodle soup. When I make it for other people it is a sure hit! Thank you for sharing your delicious recipe!