- 1 pound boneless round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook the steak, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Stir in the water, tomatoes, consomme and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir in pasta and green pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until pasta is tender. Add parsley. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Chunky Beef Noodle Soup
Sort By :
"Nice soup. Next time I would add more vegetables."
"Great recipe as is, or to build on. I added a little more steak and 1/2 lb of sweet Italian sausage to make the boys in my family happy. The seasoning in the sausage combined nicely with the recipe's seasoning. I also added some diced carrot for color (in the 1 1/2 hours of simmering, which is when I added the green pepper). It would work well with other vegetables, and/or a bit of sour cream. It's delicious-- even better the next day! It's good to have a 5-star steak soup recipe as an alternative to seafood, chicken, or hamburger soups."
"I have made this soup for years. I do not recall where I first found it, but was not a Taste of Home publication. It is not only my husbands favorite soup, but also has been a hit with countless others to whom I have served it. The only variation is I eliminated the green pepper. Though I use peppers freqently we do not care for them with this soup. Oherwise, this dish is hearty and delicious, and in my regular rotation of soups served."
"Very yummy - will absolutely make again!"
"This was a delicious soup. My husband absolutely loved it. I added some mixed vegetables and a can of beef broth so it wasn'tto thick. I will definitely make this again and keep this as one of my favorite soups."