Chunky Beef Chili Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each dried thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon each pepper, white pepper and cayenne pepper
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large plastic bag, combine the flour, thyme and rosemary; add beef cubes, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, cook beef cubes and ground beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 3. Add the remaining ingredients except cheese. Cover and simmer for 5 hours. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 264 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 455 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Chunky Beef Chili
"good but I found almost too spicey"
"This chili recipe is fantastic. I think the addition of the chili beans in zesty sauce and the crumbled ground beef puts it over the top. You can't even identify the grnd beef it is just there. The stew meat is so moist and tender it melts in you mouth. Has a nice amount of 'heat'."