Chunky Beef Chili Recipe
Meet the Cook: When I first tasted this chili that originated with my brother, I couldn't wait to share it. It's the best I've ever had. My husband and our son, 2, like it, too. -Vicki Flowers, Knoxville, Tennessee
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each dried thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon each pepper, white pepper and cayenne pepper
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large plastic bag, combine the flour, thyme and rosemary; add beef cubes, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, cook beef cubes and ground beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 3. Add the remaining ingredients except cheese. Cover and simmer for 5 hours. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 264 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 455 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Chunky Beef Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC