- until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in broth,
- tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf and remaining
- seasonings. Return beef to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, covered, 2 hours.
- Add potatoes; cook 30-40 minutes longer or until beef and potatoes
- are tender. Skim fat and discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (3
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 312 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.