Chunky Banana Cream Freeze Recipe
- 5 medium bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1. Place the bananas, milk, coconut, peanut butter and vanilla in a food processor; cover and process until blended.
- 2. Transfer to a freezer container; stir in walnuts and raisins. Freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
1/2 cup equals 181 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chunky Banana Cream Freeze
"It's one of my favorites that I make for myself. Made a few change to the ingredient I add 4 tablespoon of sweetened coconut flakes & peanut butter, add bittersweet chocolate instead of raisins and chopped almonds, just add more almond milk to get it the way you want. I also try with dark chocolate almond milk. Yummy!"
"I left out the raisins and walnuts and it was delicious! It tasted just like ice cream!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.