Chunky Banana Cream Freeze
With its sweet banana-almond flavor and chunky texture, this appealing frozen dessert is a crowd-pleaser. People who ask me for the recipe can't believe how easy it is to make. —Kristen Bloom, APO, AP
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 5 medium bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- Place the bananas, milk, coconut, peanut butter and vanilla in a food
- processor; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a freezer container; stir in walnuts and raisins. Freeze
- for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 181 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.