Chunky Banana Chip Ice Cream
If a banana split is on your no-no list, treat yourself to this lower-in-fat option dreamed up by our Test Kitchen staff. Each smooth and creamy scoop is generously sprinkled with semisweet chocolate chips. Your freezer won't be off-limits when this ice cream is in it.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 medium firm bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients on high speed for 3
- minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir bananas into milk mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer;
- freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Stir in chocolate
- chips. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the
- refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 301 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.