Chunky Banana Chip Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium firm bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients on high speed for 3 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Stir bananas into milk mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Stir in chocolate chips. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 301 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Chunky Banana Chip Ice Cream
"This recipe, although it's made with low fat and fat free ingredients, is amazing! I needed to find ways to use up the many bananas I had left from my graduation party, and this recipe was a wonderful choice. My whole family loves it. However, if you're really going for a healthy treat, you might want to eat just the bananas."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.