Chunky Avocado Salad Recipe
In Phoenix, Arizona, Jamie Jeffers combines tomatoes, onion and jalapeno with cilantro and avocado for a chunky salsa that is great with crunchy tortilla chips. TIP: "Sometimes I use a few fresh green chilies instead of the jalapeno pepper, and scoop the mixture over a green salad for a healthy and zesty dressing," Jamie says.
- 3/4 pound plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and pulse until coarsely chopped (do not overprocess); drain liquid. Transfer to a bowl; stir in avocado. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Avocado Salsa in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p15
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chunky Avocado Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2013
Another great avocado recipe. Loved the
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2011
We tried this both with and without the avocado. Both were good, but the avocado added a really nice flavor! Thanks!!
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2011
This is a family favorite
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2009
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Jalapeno Salsa Recipe >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salsa Recipes >
- Salsa Dip Recipes >
- Salsa Recipes >