Chunky Applesauce Recipe
- 8 to 10 large tart apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine apples, sugar, water and cinnamon in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir gently. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until apples are tender. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews for Chunky Applesauce(4)
Sort By :
I would love to hear what different types of apples people have used in this recipe. I used McIntosh because they are good for applesauce and we were using tart apples for a different recipe but I am not sure it turned out as good.
Made it for Thanksgiving with requests for a repeat for Christmas dinner! Tasted great hot and cold. I did use 1/2 cup sugar, Fuji apples, and added a 1/2 teas vanilla. So easy to make.
I just made this with freshly picked apples and it is outstanding! I actually liked it even better cold the next day rather than hot! Preparation was simple- although it took me way longer then 5 minutes to peel and slice 10 large apples. Worth the bit of effort! Have fall party in a few weeks and will definitely be making this for something a little different for a pot-lock.
This easy to make applesauce has become a Holiday must in our family! It makes the house smells sooo good while it's cooking!
More Recipe Collections
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >