- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium Gala or Fuji apples, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 13x9-in. baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, melted butter, sugar and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Chunky Apple Snack Cake
"Easy to make and very good! Not overly sweet. Great way to use up some apples. If you like cinnamon, double the amount. This makes an excellant quick breakfast, with a little bit of butter on top. Also, can be dressed up a little with sprinkling of powder sugar on top. As a volunteer Field editor for taste of home magazine, I enjoy recipes that use classic ingredients."
"These were terrific for the kids and husband to take in their lunches and grab as a quick breakfast. I added a pinch of nutmeg, and left out the nuts."