- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and cloves. In another large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, water, eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Chunky Apple Pumpkin Bread
"Great recipe. Make exactly as written. Very moist. Since finding this recipe, I have made about 10 loafs and even put this in a muffin pan once and it turned out great. You will have to shorten the cooking time if you use muffin pan."
"quick, easy,moist and delicious. Added some extra apples."
"My daughter wanted Pumpkin bread, I had some apples to use, so I needed a good mix. This was very good, my Husband is raving about it. I made two loaves with the whole can, and added a little homemade chunky applesauce to replace the extra oz that I needed. Chopped up 4 med apples (it was to much but I added it anyway) and omitted the walnuts due to school allergies, I wanted to send some to school. Everything else I kept the same, essentially there were no changes."
"I'm chiming in late, but firstname.lastname@example.org, can you tell me the adjustments you made for high altitude? Just moved to a high altitude place and would love all advice. Thank you"
"Moist and delicious."
"Delicious, moist, and tastey."
"Have made this bread several times. As with almost all the breads, I use half the sugar and substitute applesauce for the oil. I'm going to try the Splendra Blend next time. It freezes really well and is very moist."
"Making few loaves of this bread as gifts, it's that good. Have not made in awhle so am glad to find it again!!"
"Decided to try this recipe and it was excellent!!! In fact I made 6 more after tasting it. The changes I made were using 3/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar, and I also added raisins. I did freeze these and they thaw to be a very moist bread. Am planning to make 6 more today to give to friends and neighbors for the Holidays."
"Made a total of 3 loaves of this wonderful quick bread this weekend! Since I live at 7800 feet above sea level, I made a few adjustments for high altitude. The only other change I made was I added a handful of chocolate chips. Very moist & full of flavor! My loaves were done to perfection in 70 minutes at 325 degrees."