Chunky Apple Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This moist quick bread combines both apples and pumpkin, making it a must in autumn. Every slice is chock full of nuts and spices.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and cloves. In another large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, water, eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 286 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC