- 1-2/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and cloves. In another large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, water, eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Chunky Apple Pumpkin Bread(12)
Sort By :
Moist and delicious.
Delicious, moist, and tastey.
Have made this bread several times. As with almost all the breads, I use half the sugar and substitute applesauce for the oil. I'm going to try the Splendra Blend next time. It freezes really well and is very moist.
Making few loaves of this bread as gifts, it's that good. Have not made in awhle so am glad to find it again!!
Decided to try this recipe and it was excellent!!! In fact I made 6 more after tasting it. The changes I made were using 3/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar, and I also added raisins. I did freeze these and they thaw to be a very moist bread. Am planning to make 6 more today to give to friends and neighbors for the Holidays.