- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and cloves. In another large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, water, eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Chunky Apple Pumpkin Bread
Sort By :
"I'm chiming in late, but firstname.lastname@example.org, can you tell me the adjustments you made for high altitude? Just moved to a high altitude place and would love all advice. Thank you"
"Moist and delicious."
"Delicious, moist, and tastey."
"Have made this bread several times. As with almost all the breads, I use half the sugar and substitute applesauce for the oil. I'm going to try the Splendra Blend next time. It freezes really well and is very moist."
"Making few loaves of this bread as gifts, it's that good. Have not made in awhle so am glad to find it again!!"